The Bray Womens Refuge is a Voluntary Organisation since 1978 working to combat the social effects of Domestic Violence by
- Providing support and relevant information for women regardless of whether they are resident in the refuge or not
- Assisting women to understand their legal rights and entitlements
- Increasing general public awareness on the issues relating to domestic violence.
- Lobbying the State regarding relevant legislation to make Ireland a safer place for all who experience violence and abuse.
Bray Women’s Refuge Ethos
- The ethos of the women’s refuge is a developmental one, we aim to support and assist women and children to recover from the trauma of violence and abuse. We assist women to regain their strenght in order to be able to make their own decisions about what is right for them in their lives.